The 39th Annual Indiana Heritage Arts Juried Exhibition and Sale of traditional and representational Indiana art following the legacy of the artists who founded the Brown County Art Colony in the early 1900’s
- Any artist 18 years or older who is a present or former resident of Indiana
- IHA board members are eligible to exhibit; however, they may not compete for awards
- Painting: oils, acrylics, alkyd, watercolor, casein and egg tempera
- Pastels, drawing, printmaking and mixed media
- Work not on canvas must be under glass or plexi
- Work executed in the spirit of the traditional early Indiana artists
- Work must have been completed in the last two years and not exhibited in any previous juried show
- No photography or computer art
- Work completed under the supervision of an instructor, copies of other artists’ works or published photographs are prohibited
- Two-dimensional work only
Rules (read carefully)
- All submitted work must be for sale
- No entry may exceed 57 inches in any direction, including frame. Strictly enforced, no exceptions
- All entries must be properly framed and ready to hang. This includes frames in good repair, clean mats, clean glass or plexi; strap hangers ONLY with proper strength picture wire. NO Exceptions
- No wet paintings will be accepted
- No gallery wraps will be accepted
- Failure to meet these requirements will result in rejection of work from our show
- The Show Committee will have the final decision
Over $20,000 in prizes will be awarded:
- IHA Gold $5,000
- IHA Silver $3,000
- IHA Bronze $2,000
- Directors’ Purchase Award
- Awards of Excellence $1,000 each
- People’s Choice Award $500
- Memorial and Merit Awards $500 – $250
- NOTE: We have two prizes which have specific subject requirements in order to be awarded: the Ada Shulz and C. Curry Bohm prizes.
- Entry forms with fee must be postmarked by May 20, 2017
- Entry forms and fee will not be accepted on delivery day
- Entry fees (total, up to 3 works): IHA Members – $30
- Non-Members – $40
To become an active artist member of IHA, submit an additional $35 along with your $30 entry fee. Membership forms are available online.Artist members will be listed on the new IHA website
Mail completed self-addressed, stamped entry form and fee to:
Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc. · PO Box 509 · Nashville, IN 47448
Artists whose work has been juried into the show will be posted on our website as soon after judging as possible.
Delivery of Work
- Securely attach the correctly numbered entry card to the upper back left corner of each work
- All work must be hand delivered to the Brown County Art Gallery in Nashville, Indiana, on June 4, 9 am – 4 pm
- Artists are encouraged to include a brief written biography or attach a brochure along with their entry or at time of delivery
Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc. will retain 33% on all sales. IHA will collect and remit Indiana sales tax. The shipping of sold work is the responsibility of the artist.
Juror of Selection / Awards
Lori Putnam, both a plein air and studio painter, is a Nashville Tennessee native. She travels extensively to paint, teach, and share her work around the world. Her paintings have been featured in several leading art publications. Lori has won awards from such national organizations as Oil Painters of America, the Portrait Society of America, and the American Impressionist Society for which she previously served as Vice President. She is also a frequent and respected judge for many art exhibitions.
- Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc., Brown County Art Gallery Foundation, Inc., their agents and representatives will make every effort to protect artists’ work, but will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- Artists agree to hold Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc., Brown County Art Gallery Foundation, Inc., their agents and representatives, harmless from all such claims and losses.
- Permission to reproduce works for publicity is granted to Indiana Heritage Arts and the Brown County Art Gallery.
- Entry constitutes agreement with all conditions of this prospectus.
- Prize-winning artists will be asked to supply their social security number in order to collect prize and purchase awards.
Download a printable PDF of the Call for Entry. Follow the instructions in the file to complete your entry. You will need PDF software to open the file. To download the free Adobe Reader software, click here.